Monday, August 10, 2009

Ode to a Redhead Named Floyd

I would be remiss if I did not take moment to offer a shout out to one of my the greatest people who ever graced our planet - my beloved Grandpa Floyd!

Floyd was hilarious, warm, uncomplicated, and true.

Floyd had this mischievous grin that always let you know when he was up to something. And he was always up to something!

Floyd called life as he saw it, and wasn't afraid to call a spade and spade.

Floyd LOVED golf, before golf was remotely cool.

Floyd was one of my greatest friends and was the best pal I could ask for when I lived with him and my grandma during high school.

Floyd shared a crazy bond with my Ellie that transcended everything - even his ailments over the last few days of his life. She will always be his sunshine.

We lost Floyd on New Year's Day 2005. But he made sure his Utes had the Fiesta Bowl well in hand before he went. He passed away during half time. Yes, Floyd made us smile to the very end.

Floyd was the best man, husband, father, and grandpa. EVER. And I am so happy Dave and I chose to be married on his birthday!

Happy birthday Floyd!

I love you!

P.S. SMILE DAMMIT! SMILE!

No comments: