Monday, August 10, 2009

Lucky Number Seven

It's hard to believe it's been seven years! I can't seem to decide if that's because it feels like it has only been a moment, or because it feels like our life was never any different. Regardless, it's a pretty fabulous occasion - to hit seven years of marital bliss and still feel, well, blissful. So to mark this auspicious occasion, I thought I would take a moment to brag about the man I had the good sense to marry.

Dave is wicked smart. Not just keeping up with the PhD students smart. He is scoring the highest in his class while working full time smart. He literally is a rocket scientist. And I must admit I tend to smirk a little every time I get to say that!

Dave has an amazing sense of humor. He is a living embodiment of the guys from The Big Bang Theory. Seriously. And the man swears by Python and Mel Brooks. In fact, we fell in love over Young Frankenstein. No joke!

Dave is a FABULOUS dad. And his girls are hopelessly devoted to him. Dave will move heaven and earth so he can have dinner with his girls and tuck them in at night. Even if it means going back to work until two in the morning.

Dave has a refined appreciation for the finer things in life. He has been by my side on opening day for Star Wars and Star Trek. And he gets the wonder that is Firefly. Need I say more?

Dave has a ridiculously big heart. He will put himself out at a moment's notice to help anyone who might need him. When we got a call telling us my brother's basement was flooding, all I saw of Dave was a streak holding a shop vac as he ran out the door.

Last, but certainly not least, Dave is a FRAKKING AWESOME husband. He is goofy, patient, loyal, and fun. Even in our worst moments he has never wavered in his commitment to me or our family. Plus Dave is a flat out blast to live with - even if he does leave his clothes all over the floor!

Yes ladies and gentlemen, in the words of my friend Portia, "Dave is skeewompus, but in the best possible way." Amen, sister! Amen! And I am one lucky girl as a result!

Happy anniversary, cute boy!

2 comments:

Mia said...

You two are perfect for each other. He has always made you smile, and that makes me very very happy. Happy Happy Seven Years My Dears!!!

tracycharmed said...

LOVE IT!!!! Gotta love that crazy, out of sorts little bro of mine :D. Love you guys!