Monday, August 22, 2011

Day Fourteen

There are life moments, and then there are life moments. Some I would rather forget - like the time I saw "Watcher in the Woods" or "The Dark Crystal" or "Poltergeist". Others, I wish I could hold onto forever. Sometimes I fear I get too caught up in that which must be done, rather than the good stuff that happens while I am working on all of the extraneous mumbo jumbo. Thank heavens for days like today. The first day of school. Another bittersweet milestone in the life of my beautiful girls. Days like today are what it takes sometimes to get me to stop, look around, and appreciate every good thing that swirls around me while I am stressing about everything else.

Behold: The Good Things!

I love the way the Bear sleeps with her arms over her head - and has since she was born. She looks like she is in a constant state of surrender.

I love the way the Bug sings through life. She's even taken to making up songs on the fly to narrate whatever is going on around her.

I love that Dave is so adept at math, he can do it without numbers. In the words of my girls, the daddy is a mad genius!

I love the way the Bear's voice squeaks when she talks. I'm going to miss that one as she grows older.

I love how sincerely the Bug wants everyone around her to be okay. She often takes stock of everyone's feelings just to make sure...

I love how much Dave loves what he does and how fearless he has been to follow his dreams. He was the first one in his family to get a four-year college degree. The VERY first. In his ENTIRE family. EVER. If ever someone was destined to follow a particular path in life, it's Dave!

I love the way the Bear lights up a room just by walking in it and smiling. She could charm anyone into anything.

I love that the Bug talks in her sleep. Sometimes I will lie down next to her, just to listen.

I love that Dave loves bow ties. Did I mentioned that he was destined for his path in life? Down to his wardrobe!

I love that the Bear dances through life. This is not an exaggeration. She is ALWAYS dancing. We've had to go so far as to enforce a "no dancing at the table" rule for her and her sister!

I love that the Bug wants to follow in her daddy's footsteps. I mean, she REALLY wants to follow in her daddy's footsteps. She is working extra hard at math just to make sure she's ready!

I love how ecstatic the girls are when their daddy walks through the door. One of the hardest things about our new schedule is how little they will see him. On the other hand, the relative scarcity will make that moment all the more poignant.

I love how much Dave loves his girls. There is nothing he wouldn't do for the B & B. And that includes construction of a dungeon AND a mote by the time the girls reach junior high school.


....Okay so the aforementioned examples only cover a minuscule fraction of all that is good in my life. I hereby promise to make sure to include some of these moments in my posts from now on. Otherwise, when I look back on my blog for the next nine months, I may forget that it was packed with so much magic!

2 comments:

Mia said...

I can not wait to someday meet the girls and of course give you and Dave long overdue hugs.

Lindsay said...

Your family is so stinkin' cute! :) Give everyone hugs from me when you next think to!!