Monday, July 7, 2008

Family of Nerds

This evening I convinced Em to allow me to add to this Blog...after secretly determining her password (1234...what kind of password is that??) I was able to hack into the secure mainframe of Blogspot!
Truth be told, she has wanted me to add an entry for many moons. Feeling the pressure, I needed to think of something that I could discuss on the Blog (unfortunately, my job in the rocket business is uninteresting to most, except those pyros out there...I'm talking to you Ben!). So I've come up with a master plan...I'll shout to the world that I'm a nerd...oh yes a nerd to the extreme. Well, according to the professionals at oneplusyou.com.
I am a true master, maxing out at 87%...ouch (kind of stings, truth can really hurt)! I admit, I carry a pocket protector with color coordinated pens, but I never expected this...maybe I should've. Trying to not make myself too depressed, I convinced Emily to take the quiz. She earned a respectable 50%, not bad for a Historian.
This only tells me we are as nerdy as any one family can be (although I wonder about some people at work...I'm talking to you, man with the horn-rim glasses I've only seen in Apollo 13). God bless our kids, they don't have a chance at a normal life...please keep them in your prayers...

ME:
87% Geek



EM:
50% Geek



-Dave

P.S. If anyone knows where I can get some 1960's era horn-rim glasses let me know!

4 comments:

tracycharmed said...

So you have finally come to your senses and are ready to admit it! We have know for many many moons that you are the BIGGEST NERD around. I love ya little bro!

Mia said...

DAVE!!! So glad to see you in the bloggerhood. I am going to agree that you two are some serious nerds. But so are we. I actually scored higher on this quiz than Ernesto did. I was embarrassed for about two seconds then I realized that just meant I was still cooler than him.

kat said...

i can't believe i'm only 44% geek. i'm wondering what my new excuse for my behavior will have to be . . . ;)

Anonymous said...

I think I have started hanging out with you a little to much Dave. My Nerd score was 27%. I need it to drop back down into the teens, maybe even the single digits.