Tuesday, September 23, 2008

a bug's life

The Scene: "One of those mornings": everyone is moving so slowly its barely perceptible, nothing seems to be where it should be, no one is eating breakfast, every sock and shoe has lost its mate, and we were supposed to be on our way to visit my 88-year-old grandma 45 minutes ago. And did I mention my grandma will NOT hesitate to call the Highway Patrol if she thinks we've taken too long because she's sure that will mean we've been in a horrific accident and are too injured to use my cell phone?

The Dialogue:
Me: "I give up! This is one bad day!"
Bug: "That's okay, mom. It's a good kids' day. You can borrow from us."

The End.

Post Script: We successfully avoided the 911 call, I gained invaluable perspective, and we all lived happily ever after.

2 comments:

Mia said...

How sweet! I love the way kids think.

Deb said...

we had a whole week like that. this week, in fact. i'm glad your little one gave you a moment of sunshine.