Tuesday, March 3, 2009

A Word From the Void....

Yes, I am living in a thesis-induced stupor right now. Thank you very much for asking. I should be writing. Really. It is time. I went through all of my documents twice over and had a game plan. I even wrote it down. On paper. In outline form and everything. I was ready. But a funny thing happened on the way to my deadline. I made a discovery. Something cool. I even think it will make my project better. At the very least it will make the finished product a little more interesting. So herein lies the trouble. This thing that will improve my project is something that I had not noticed before. In any of my readings of my documents. At all. And so, once more into the breech I go. Hundreds of pages of barely legible documents captured in photograph upon photograph of marginal quality (I was pregnant and on the other side of the Atlantic for crying out loud!) have wriggled their way back into my life. And while I am excited about what this all might mean for the ultimate result, in the short term this means I will not have my chapter finished by my goal, the most hallowed of all hallowed days, Selection Sunday. I will not have the luxury of indiscriminately watching game after game for days on end. In short, basketball gluttony will have to wait until next year. Ah well. There's always the Masters.....

P.S. On a completely random and otherwise unrelated note, I am willing to offer a significant reward (payable in M&Ms) to anyone who can explain to me why "Blame it on the Bossanova" is going through my head incessantly and how I can get it to stop.

1 comment:

Deb said...

i've used english copy machines. coin operated. a separate coin PER PAGE. i feel your pain.